Welcome to MPC Journal
Welcome to our journal on the Mashreq Politics and Culture in West Asia, North Africa & Occident-Orient Relations. The terms and conditions of use pointed out are an agreement between the user and the MPC Journal. By accessing, viewing, citing or using the materials on MPC Journal, you have indicated to the MPC Journal that you both understand and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Editors at the MPC Journal reserve the right to amend these terms from time to time. Any such amendment will be applicable to all persons accessing the website once posted on the Journal. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit readers’ comments, but we may intervene and take such an action as we think necessary. If you have any concerns over the contents or comments on the Journal, please contact us here.
By using the material of the the Journal, you agree:
- not to use the material for any unlawful purpose;
- you shall not make any misuse of the Journal’s content;
- not to use the Journal for the transmission or posting of any computer viruses or any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character, or in such a way as to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- not to use the Journal in a manner constitutes a violation or infringement of any person, firm or company;
- you will not use the Journal to transmit any material for the purposes of publicity, promotion and/or advertising without our prior written consent.
Rights of Use
The content and images on the Journal are, unless otherwise stated, the property of MPC Journal. All material provided on the Journal are solely for the user’s personal and educational use and using, reproducing, distributing, displaying, transmitting or copying of the whole or any part of the content, is subject to proper attribution of authorship. No part of the content on the Journal can be reproduced on, transmitted to or stored on any third party site without giving the credit to the Journal.
We accept no liability with respect to any of the products, information, material, advertisements or services offered or provided by other parties on the Journal.
For authors and contributors
By submitting a manuscript, image or other material, you are legally responsible for the material you post or submit and you understand that by doing so you intend it to be published on the website. Such material may include without limitation words, artwork, pictures, videos and sound. You give the MPC Journal free of charge the non-exclusive, sub-licensable right to edit, delete, copy, translate, create derivative works from, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, make available to the public or otherwise use and re-use material contributed by you on the Journal. Authors can publish their manuscripts somewhere else.
The material is your (the author’s/contributor’s) own original work or you have the right to make it available for use by MPC Journal and users of MPC Journal. You do not infringe the rights, copyright, confidentiality or privacy of any individual, corporation or organisation. You have not defamed any individual, corporation organisation or otherwise affected their legal rights.
It is not permissible to post or submit the following:
- a comment which cannot be justified
- facts which are untrue or difficult to prove
- statements breaching an individual’s privacy
- images or statements which are obscene, pornographic or illegal
- statements which are offensive on grounds of race, religion, creed, color or which may incite hatred or disrespect in any third party
- statements which breach the criminal law, whether or not known to be illegal
- statements which may breach professional ethics and standards of journalism and academic work.
MPC Journal offers an open access platform. You may read and contribute to the Journal and its communities, comments and blogs for your own private purposes but not for any advertising or other commercial purposes.
You may reproduce reasonable extracts of any contribution to the MPC Journal without a prior permission for non-commercial purposes provided that you deal fairly with the material and you properly accredit any original work to its author and the name of MPC Journal.
MPC Journal is bound by the Federal Data Protection Act in Germany (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz)